The team manager is a central figure in creating the flow of communication - not only within the team (players, parents and coaches), but between the team and all support systems such as the Minor Hockey Association, League Directors, other teams, referees, officials, etc.
By taking on the operational aspects of the team, the manager enables the coach to focus on player development and on-ice instruction to provide the players with rewarding hockey experiences.
- A manager cannot manage a team if spouse is the head coach.
- Managers cannot manage multiple teams.
- To maintain objectivity, the preference for the Parent Liaison role is someone not related/connected, in any fashion, to the team head coach.
Thank you managers for taking on this important role. We look forward to meeting you at the SHC coach/manager meeting.
Good luck this season and see you at the rink!
How to start the season:
PLEASE EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you have your team staff in place. We need to know the manager's name, treasurer and safety person (coach with safety course, not a parent position).
- Coach/Manager Meetings
- Mandatory attendance for coach and manager.
- Click HERE for more information.
- Team Bank Accounts
- Email SHC treasurer at email@example.com with contact information of team manager and treasurer.
- See Manager's Manual for more information on team accounts and banking.
- Click HERE for a team budget template.
- Team budgets must be presented to parent group and approved.
- Any changes to the team budget throughout the season must be brought to the attention of the parent group for approval.
- Try to have your budget set out BEFORE your parent meeting, so that you can plan for fundraising, sponsorship or cash calls ASAP.
- Extra ice will be billed at the beginning of each month for the ice used the month previous.
- Click HERE for information on team fundraising and AGLC requirements.
- Click HERE to be directed to Referee Rates.
- Required Forms - Completed by managers, parents and players each year. Available HERE.
- Player Medical Form
- Please have each player fill out a form.
- Keep files on-hand for coaches/staff to reference, should the need arise.
- Player's Pledge Form
- Parent Conduct Form
- PDF fillable
- Manager's email to the Game and Conduct Director
- Team Roster Template (manager's only)
- Team Apparel
- All team apparel purchases must be approved and be within the polices and procedures.
- PLEASE EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
- Travel and Exhibition Game Permits
- Click HERE for information about SHC travel and exhibition game permits.
- Click HERE for information about submitting league and exhibition game sheets.
- Important Documents -
As the team manager you will be responsible to ensure that a variety of forms are filled out for your team. As well, there is important information that you will need to be aware of from Hockey Canada, Hockey Alberta and Edmonton Federation Hockey League. For information on the following items outlined below, please click on the link. It is imperative that each team manager familiarizes him or herself with these forms and procedures.
**Injury report forms and EAP printouts can be found under the HOCKEY CANADA Downloads.