Ways and Means


All team fundraising events/sales must FIRST be approved by the Director of Ways and Means.  An organized schedule of team fundraising efforts will eliminate duplicate events during a specific time period within a defined area.  For example, three teams operating a bottle drive in South Glens on a given weekend will not prove profitable for any of the teams involved.  With team compliance however, we can suggest another area, weekend, or different fundraising endeavor to increase the effectiveness of your team efforts.  Please email your fundraising request to your Ways and Means Director

Please note that teams should be fundraising to help subsidize hockey expenses only.  Funds raised may be used for, but not limited to: tournament entry fees, exhibition games, extra ice for practices, or team SHC logowear.  Please refrain from fundraising for a year-end party or non-hockey related events.

Upon completion of any fundraiser, please forward the amount raised by your team to Ways and Means. The information regarding the dollar amount raised for any team fundraising will be used by Ways and Means strictly for information purposes. If a team asks for suggestions on how to fundraise, we can then provide them with ideas and an estimate of the amount they could expect to raise based on the information you submit. We want to help our SHC teams be as successful as possible in their fundraising efforts.



To operate 50/50 sales, raffles, etc. your team must obtain an Alberta Gaming Licence.  Each team is responsible for obtaining their own licence.  First, go online to the Alberta Gaming and Liquor Control website and print off the Eligibility For Raffle Licence Form.  Email, fax, or hand deliver your completed request form to the AGLC for approval; you will be contacted by a representative and issued a raffle licence number.  You can then purchase your licence from Drayden Insurance & Registries in Morinville by bringing your pre-purchased 50/50 raffle tickets, a copy of your completed AGLC licence form, and your newly issued licence number.  The fee is about $20.  The license must be in your team name, for example, SHC Novice A.  Please DO NOT put your raffle licence under the generic umbrella of "Sturgeon Hockey Club". 



If your team is interested in doing a bottle drive, the team manager must submit a request to the Ways and Means Director at waysandmeansdirector@sturgeonhockeyclub.com prior. Please include the date, start time and preferred area/ neighbourhood/subdivision you would specifically like to do the bottle drive in while keeping in mind that other teams may also be requesting the same areas. Way and Means will do its best to help coordinate locations for the bottle drive as to not duplicate efforts, maximize potential collections and avoid overwhelming the community. Once you have completed your bottle drive, please submit the amount of funds raised and a list of any houses to avoid in the future including addresses.
Each team is allowed to choose two (2) areas:
Yellow-Classy Corner and SouthWest
Blue-Larose Place and Old Town
Red-The Lakes
Green-Forest Glen
Orange-Grandin Park
Pink-Notre Dame
Not listed in map is Southglens. Other locations are Cardiff and Sturgeon Heights.
Legal is divided by North and South of the main road/Hwy. 



RAMP Registration

Join thousands of association partners using RAMP Registration Solutions.

More Information

RAMP Official Assigning

#1 with Officials...for very good reasons.

More Information

RAMP Websites

Manage your identity from the palm of your hand to the top of your desk.

More Information

RAMP Team App

Keep your coaches, parents, athletes, and fans connected, seamlessly.

More Information